Position: Head of School
Applications Due By: January 31, 2017
Position Available: July 2017
Founded in 1993, Lakecrest Independent School is located in the historic and culturally rich City of St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We are an intimate school community united by a passion for excellence in teaching and learning. We offer small class sizes for Kindergarten to Grade 9 (approximately 170 students), with plans to expand to high school in 2017-2018. Lakecrest is accredited by the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS) and it is the only school in Newfoundland and Labrador that has International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program accreditation.
Lakecrest Independent School aims to empower students to be effective, independent learners who are principled and confident in their abilities and actions within the local and global community.
Head of School Profile
Lakecrest is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and passionate person to lead our school to the next phase of development. The Head of School will provide vision and inspiration to ensure the highest quality of teaching, learning and educational experiences for our students. The Head of School will provide operational and strategic leadership to ensure the further development of the IB programmes and philosophy, maintain CAIS accreditation, and future growth of the school.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or similar discipline, Master’s degree completed or in progress an asset
• Extensive experience in both teaching and administrative/management positions in an educational environment
• Experience, and/or strong knowledge and commitment to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program and embodiment of the IB Learner Profile
• Excellent communicator with faculty, staff, students, parents and other stakeholders to achieve the school mission and to support the school community
• Demonstrated experience in budget management, and reporting, scheduling and school operations
• Proven leadership and management experience of faculty/staff including performance reviews
• Experience working in private school and/or an international school setting is considered an asset
• Successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
Lakecrest offers a compensation and benefits package commensurate with that of other leading independent schools and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications, including a detailed resume, a letter of introduction which may include your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Head of School position and a statement describing your management and educational philosophy, should be submitted in confidence to the following:
Liam P. O’Brien
Chair of Lakecrest Board
P.O. Box 337, 11th Floor Fortis Building
139 Water Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 5J9
The Search Committee is targeting hire of the successful candidate by March 31, 2017 and commencement of the position in July 2017. We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.