Lakecrest Independent School is accepting applications for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year. Candidates for these positions will be considered based on their academic qualifications, success with student instruction, as well as their records of innovation, leadership, and teamwork. All Lakecrest teachers must be fully qualified and certified by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education.
Lakecrest Independent School delivers the Newfoundland Provincial Curriculum via the International Baccalaureate framework for learning and teaching. All teachers are required to follow both NL provincial and IB educational philosophies. Information is available at www.ibo.org.
Position: Head of School
Applications Due By: this position will remain open until filled
Founded in 1993, Lakecrest Independent School is located in the historic and culturally rich City of St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We are an intimate school community united by a passion for excellence in learning and teaching. We offer small class sizes for Kindergarten to Grade 10 (approximately 170 students). Lakecrest has accreditations from the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS). Lakecrest is an authorized IB World School and is the only school in Newfoundland and Labrador offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program.
Lakecrest Independent School aims to empower students to be effective, independent learners who are principled and confident in their abilities and actions within the local and global community.
Head of School Profile
Lakecrest is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and experienced educator to lead our school to the next phase of development. The Head of School will provide vision and inspiration to ensure the highest quality of teaching, learning, and educational experiences for our students. The Head of School will demonstrate a proven ability to lead with a strategic approach in addition to providing a strong interest in advancing the development of the IB and CAIS accreditations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and a Master’s degree in Education
- Understanding/experience of the diversity of a K-12 learning environment
- Proven success in both teaching and administrative/management positions in an educational environment
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and reporting, scheduling, and school operations
- Excellent communicator with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders to achieve the school mission and to support the school community
- Passion for building and maintaining strong team environments
- Successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp.
- Successful candidate must hold or successfully obtain certification to be eligible to teach in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Please see: http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/faq/teachercert.html.
- Experience in (or strong knowledge of) commitment to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, and/or experience in a Montessori educational environment
- Experience working in private school and/or an international school setting
- Experience with IB and/or CAIS accreditation processes
- Experience with building enrollment in a private school setting
Please send your (1) cover letter, (2) resume (3) contact information for three references, and (4) proof of both degrees to the e-mail address below. Please note: Your cover letter should clearly outline how you meet the essential and asset qualifications as well include a statement describing your management and educational philosophy.
Chair of Lakecrest Board of Directors
While we encourage submission of applications ASAP,please note that the positions will remain posted until the position has been filled. We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Lakecrest Independent School, please visit our website: www.lakecrest.ca