Now accepting applications for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The Lakecrest Advantage
Lakecrest High School develops well-rounded, internationally minded students who are ready to meet the challenges of post-secondary education. Lakecrest classes are smaller and provide the opportunity for students to request electives on an individual basis.
Lakecrest enjoys partnerships with community professional organizations and provides students with innovative ways to apply their in-class learning to the workforce. Students are able to fulfill outcomes in various areas such as science, language arts, social studies, and entrepreneurship.
Students are able to capitalize upon young business enterprise opportunities in school. High School students are also responsible for leading the house team systems for the whole school.[foogallery id=”4123″]
Lakecrest High School provides an enriched academic experience to students. Students graduate with a Newfoundland and Labrador provincial graduation diploma but also avail of programs in technology, athletics, music and fine arts outside of the regular curriculum.
High school students will have the opportunities to accelerate Grade 12 studies through:
1. Advance Placement (AP) courses from the College Board of the United States of America in courses such as mathematics and language arts.
2. Memorial University concurrent studies. This option provides for students exposure to a larger educational institution, post-secondary academic standards and an introduction to university life.
Other optional courses students may opt to complete are, but not limited to, the following:
- First Aid Courses and Certifications
- Babysitting Courses
- Computer Coding / Gaming Courses
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Hockey Skills Canada Program
[sp_testimonials_slider design=”design-4″ category=”47″]